TLIG Privacy Statement
As a part of our normal operations we collect, and in some cases, disclose information about you. We encourage you to read the following Privacy Statement that contains TLIG information about TLIG’s policies regarding the collection, use, disclosure, and protection of your information.
If you are not comfortable with any of the terms or policies described in this Statement, we ask that you discontinue use of our site and encourage you to send confidential correspondence through the postal service (TLIG, 101 Hexham Drive Suite B Lynchburg, VA 24502). Please be aware that we may periodically update or revise this Statement. Please check our Privacy Statement frequently for changes.
What Information do we collect? Personal, Financial and Product Information.
We collect personally identifiable information in order to identify and register you as customer of TLIG. In addition, we collect personal, financial and product information in order to provide you with services tailored to your particular needs. By learning a little about you, TLIG can deliver more relevant content and product offerings and thus offer you better services. The information we collect will vary depending upon the function or process you select. Depending upon the function or process you select (for example, quote, request for proposal, e-mail, purchase), you may be required to provide information such as:
- Birth Date
- Phone number
- E-mail address
- Policy Type(s) & Number(s)
- Social Security Number
- Credit Card Information
- Driver’s License Number, accident/violation history, information about vehicle operators, lien/lease holders, vehicle information, etc.
- Who collects this information? In order to better serve your particular needs, TLIG and other companies working on TLIG’s behalf collect the information noted above. In addition to collecting information from you, you should also know that, depending on the nature of your transaction, we might collect information from outside sources, such as loss information reports, motor vehicle reports, and credit reports. For property insurance, we may send someone to inspect your property and verify information about the value and condition of your property.
- Who has access to this information? In order to better serve your particular needs, TLIG and certain companies working on TLIG’s behalf have access to this information. This information may also be disclosed to third parties without your consent if disclosure is necessary to comply with legal processes or to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of TLIG, its users or the public. We may also provide limited information about you to third parties without your permission when necessary or appropriate to service an insurance policy we have issued (e.g., inquiries from lien holders or additional insured’s listed on the policy) or to address claims submitted under a policy we have issued.
- What are your options regarding collection, use, and distribution of your information? Any information you submit to us via our on-line forms or e-mail is done so on a voluntary basis. When you access our site, the collection, use, and distribution of your information will be handled per the terms and policies outlined in this Privacy Statement. If you object to the collection, use, and distribution policies outlined in this Privacy Statement, we ask that you do not submit information or access our site. We encourage you to send confidential correspondence via the postal service (TLIG, 101 Hexham Drive Suite B Lynchburg, VA 24502).E-mail messages are not secure. Our security software does not encrypt e-mail messages. E-mail messages traveling through the Internet are subject to viewing, alteration, and copying by potentially anyone on the Internet. We take seriously the issue of safeguarding your privacy online. However, please note that you should exercise discretion with respect to the submission of any personal or financial information. Please keep in mind that transmitting information via the Internet is never completely secure and thus any information submitted may be intercepted, collected, used or disclosed by others. We encourage customers to either send confidential correspondence through the postal service or use the telephone to speak directly to our employees. We are not responsible for the security of confidentiality of communications you send to us through the Internet using e-mail messages.
- Questions If you have any questions or comments regarding this Privacy Statement, please submit them via firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at TLIG, 101 Hexham Drive Suite B Lynchburg, VA 24502.
- What can you do as a customer to help maintain security? Utilize the latest version of Netscape and/or Microsoft Explorer. Our site is most secure when using one of these browsers.
- What security procedures do we use to guard against the loss, misuse, alteration, or theft of your information? TLIG handles your information securely. We limit personnel access to our servers and expect our personnel to adhere to high standards of ethics and integrity in performing their jobs and conducting the business and affairs of TLIG.
- When we share personal information with companies working on TLIG’s behalf, we generally protect that personal information with a confidentiality agreement. In addition, we may, as permitted by law, provide information about you without your permission to certain persons or organizations, such as: insurance support organizations; other insurance companies in order to perform their function in regard to an insurance transaction involving you; independent claim adjusters; businesses that conduct actuarial or research studies; regulatory and law enforcement authorities; or our affiliated companies. We may also disclose statistical information about the use of our Web site.
- How is this information used? The information you submit to us via our on-line forms and e-mail is used to provide you with the response or service you have requested. This information may also be used to manage and customize our Web site’s content, layout, and services in order to improve our site, enhance customer service, and provide tailored messages. We may also use this information to contact you about our products and services. If you do not wish to receive these communications, you can write us, e-mail us through email@example.com or simply reply to any e-mail you receive from our site informing us of your desire to be removed from our mailing lists.
- Who Should Use Our Web Site? Our Web site is for insurance and financial products and services and is not intended for children. We offer insurance and financial products and services and thus do not market any products or services to children under the age of thirteen or knowingly collect any information from children under the age of thirteen. If we become aware that information is or has been submitted by or collected from a child under the age of thirteen, we will delete this information.